Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 7, 2010

stream of consciousness

I'm imitating one of my favorite blogger's styles by having a "stream of consciousness" post. All this means is that I have a bunch of random thoughts in my head, and they may or may not make sense when put into words... :) So, here goes!

Regarding our adoption paperwork -- we still have plenty left to do, but I now feel like we've made a lot of headway by finishing all our questionnaires last night! Talk about a burden being lifted! I was so excited we got them done! Everything else seems small in comparison...Now we just have to start tackling our 4 page autobiographies....*gulp* Pray for clear minds - and that I won't be too wordy! I have a bit of a problem with wordiness.... :)

In other news -- Joe's car decided to poop out on us a few weeks ago. We took it to the shop for a routine oil change and asked them to check out a funky noise it was making on the back left side -- turned out it needed $1000 worth of repairs! Between a leaking/thinning gas tank, a bad strut, and a few other things that I can't remember, it all added up to more than the vehicle itself was worth. So....we decided to look for a family vehicle (used) that wil be in our price range, hopefully. We are praying that the Lord guides us to the right vehicle, and that we have the wisdom to know if it's a good buy or not!

Over Memorial Weekend we went to Iron Sharpens Iron, a conference that my alma mater has every year. This year's topic was "The Quest for Holiness", and Joe and I came home encouraged and spurred on in our walks with the Lord. It seemed only appropriate to me that we would be challenged to pursue holiness in our daily lives as we're pursuing adoption. When you think about all the parallels between God adopting us as His children, and us adopting a baby to be our child, you can begin to see the connection....(I hope to do a post on this sometime soon...as it really is mind blowing...)

And I guess I'm giving up on my whole "Fervent Friday" idea...oh well. I tried. :) I'll probably still post song lyrics every now and then, so we'll just take it as it comes. :)

The End. :)

No comments: