Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bi-Polar post...

*** WARNING: this post has two drastically different emotional sides to it. Consider yourself forewarned...***

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Happy Half:

Last week was my stupid week. Seriously. And I don't mean it in a negative way...but rather to poke fun at myself, because life has been a little too "down" lately. To start out the week, I practiced with seven men from my church on "All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name" that they're going to be singing for Easter Sunday. I've never "directed" this type of thing before, so it's all been new to me, and I've had a tendency to be a bit flighty about it all. But Monday took the cake as I desperately tried to convince the tenors to sing the baritone part. Even telling them, "No, no, no...you don't go up there! You stay the same! See? ..." To my credit, they didn't notice either until we got 3/4 through the song...at which point I slapped myself on the forehead (literally) and said "DUUUHHHH!!! I'm playing the baritone part!!! Not the tenor!!!! Ahh! Sorry guys!!"

Good thing they're forgiving!

My second moment of stupidity also happened Monday night. I got home (from the men's vocal practice) exhausted, as I had worked all day and accompanied for a solo recital at the high school and worked with the men's group. Needless to say, I wasn't exactly paying attention and all I wanted to do was go to bed. Joe had already left for work, so I stumbled in the back door, checked my email, and climbed into bed. The next morning, I heard Joe come upstairs and thought I'd just keep my eyes closed and try to fall back asleep, hoping he wouldn't turn on the light. Unfortunately, he turned on the hall light, and I groaned and squinted at him, to which he said,

"So you are alive."

I figured he said that because I look half-dead right when I wake up in the morning, so I laughed sleepily, brushing it off. Then he crouched down to be right at eye-level with me and said seriously,

"Did you know you left your keys in the back door all night?"

*blink*blink*

Needless to say, my heart skipped a few beats, and then I understood why he had asked if I was alive....for all he knew, a burglar could have broken in and murdered me in my sleep! And I'm the one who's always freaked out about intruders breaking in...seriously...

Which brings me to my third stupid moment. A few days after the first 2 stupid-incidents, we decided to have pizza for dinner. DiGiorno, which is, in Joe's words, "the BEST frozen pizza EVER". (And he would know!) So I got it out and ready -- it was a bizzare kind, pepperoni with sun-dried peppers or something like that, and I didn't think I'd like it, but I thought -- Joe loves DiGiorno pizza, I'll make it for his sake. I know he'll eat it. So I opened the package and popped it in the pizza oven without a second thought.

10 minutes later, when I went to pull it out, I gasped, and then started giggling uncontrollably. I had left the cardboard circle on the bottom of the pizza when I put it in the pizza oven.

Let's just say I was testing our smoke alarms. And our fire safety knowledge. And our house insurance policy.

Yikes.

After Joe got done scolding me, and I apologized profusely, and he scolded me some more, and we had to bake the pizza all over again (because the bottom crust wasn't done AT ALL), and Joe scolded me again and the pizza came out mostly BLACK....I learned my lesson. I'll never do that again!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Pessimistic Part: (and I'll keep it brief)

Why in Heaven's name does every STINKIN' co-worker of mine have to mention every person they've ever known in their whole life who just had a baby, or who's baby shower they just went to, or who's baby is so cute, or who just found out they're pregnant, and on and on and on and on....HELLLLOOOOO!!!! Do they not know I JUST HAD a miscarriage?!?!?!?!??!!

*deep breathing*

Now that that's out of my system....it's not that I don't want to hear about babies -- because I am ecstatic when I hear of friends who are pregnant and such. Truly, I am. But to hear of another person who's pregnant -- who I don't even know (and frankly, don't really care about, if I may be completely blunt) -- multiple times a day every day I'm there is a little much. Show some sensitivity, people! :)

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh dear! I love your 'not so stupid' moments. And I love how you can poke fun at yourself :) that will carry you far my dear.

I totally understand too about how you are feeling when people tell you about babies, when you have just gone through a miscarriage... I hear well I just lost my whomever... I know they mean well and we are all affected by loss but hello!?!

Know I am praying for you my dear sweet niece, pizza burning and all ;)

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you for being real! Life is so full of stupid moments and frustrating moments. Let it out!! If you can't on your blog, where can you? I struggle at times with not wanting to write about the hard stuff but then i think that maybe someone else is having a hard time like me or someone might go through something similar and look back at my journey and get some healing from it. Keep it up! I love you!

Charissa said...

oh dear. I think i do something dumb every day of my life. It's really quite remarkable :) I've got some good ones to share with you. haha...

can't WAIT to see you this weekend. Get ready for some good girly fun!

I love you. Praying.

Anonymous said...

Boy did you marry into the right family! It could have been me! OR Lindsay!!!

I know how difficult it is for you, I see your face and I always wish I could just hug all your hurt away and make it better.

I love you bunches, MIL

Anonymous said...

Oh my lizard breath, I so love you! Your "stupid" moments made me crack up! I too have cooked the pizza with the cardboard in it...haven't left my keys in the door yet...but that's out of shear fear of being robbed or worse in this city lol! I love you and pray that your's and Joe's hearts are steadily healing...love you...miss you!
<3 Meg