Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Playing Tag

Has it really been a month and a half since I posted last? Sheesh. Somebody slap my hand!

Thank you. I feel much better now... :)

I promise to have a more adoption-baby related post up soon, but for now I just have something to show up on your blog roll. :)

Daphne, a friend of mine, recently tagged me on her blog, where she answered 8 Questions about herself that someone else had asked her. And now I get to join in the fun!! If I tag you at the end, you have to do a post on your blog and answer the questions listed! Enjoy!!

  1. What is your current job? And is it what you always wanted to do?  
    I currently have 2 part-time jobs. I work as a bank teller at a small town bank 2 1/2 days a week. Definitely not what I've always wanted to do. I'm the girl who bawled on a weekly basis whenever I had to do Algebra. Math and I do NOT get along. That's why I take care of other people's finances...hehehe....just kidding! :)
       My second job is teaching piano and guitar lessons from my home - or at my church. It is not what I wanted to do - at least, not when I was younger, but in college I fell in love with the idea of offering private music lessons, and I've been loving it ever since!
  2. What is one day of your life you wish you could relive?This is a tough one. Probably the day I got married -- it was one of those surreal days where everything was so wonderful and seemed calm (though it really wasn't!), and very special. But....the day that I and others from my church back home played hymns and praise songs in the living room of Kathleen Olson, my dear friend who passed away a few months ago, would be a close second. I wish I had said something more to her before I left - and I would have stayed and played longer.
  3. What brings you joy?Jesus! :) He is the only one who truly brings me joy, though I also find joy through loving and respecting my husband, spending time with family, playing piano, and visiting with old friends.
  4. What three words do you hope people use to describe you?Faithful. Humble. Passionate.
  5. What is the last movie you saw?The Visitor -- and I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would! It definitely has a message regarding immigration, but I enjoyed all the music references and the acting. (And Dad -- it has a djembe in it!! :)
  6. What is the purpose behind your blog?Ha! Good question! I have several purposes with my blog, to stay connected with family, to challenge myself to write more, to share my faith, and to update people on our adoption story. Lately I've been focusing more on the adoption side...since it's the easiest way to keep people updated aside from facebook! :)
  7. Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions?None of my own yet. But some traditions that I enjoy with my family are: pigging out on delicious food all of Thanksgiving day, sticking my fingers in black olives before eating them off my fingers, reflecting on what I'm thankful for (sometimes by making a list, through prayer, or in a conversation with someone else), and going to a movie Thanksgiving afternoon/evening.
  8. What are you most thankful for?There is nothing I am more thankful for than the work that my Savior did on the cross for a stuck-up snob like me. Having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ is life-saving, and has changed my life in more ways than I probably even know!
Now it's your turn -- if I tag you here, then you get the wonderful opportunity to answer these questions on your blog and tag someone else!

Tag -- you're it!
1. Josie: Doctor Pistachio
2. Charity: Conidering It All Joy
3. Aimee: Mischievious Meyers
4. Corrie: Freckles...I still got 'em
5. Mom & Dad: Twenty-Five And Counting...

And your questions are:
1. What is one of your fondest childhood memories?
2. What do you love most about your spouse/significant other?
3. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
4. What is your favorite book?
5. Who is someone you look up to, and why?
6. If you had unlimited funds and could plan a dream vacation, where would you go & what would you do?
7. What character traits do you have that are most like your mother? What ones are like your father?
8. What has been the biggest challenge you've faced this year?

Enjoy!!

3 comments:

Daphne Hope said...

Thanks for answering the questions! It's fun to learn something new about you!

Liz said...

Thanks for asking them! :) It was fun to do! :)

J-Funk said...

gah!