Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 10, 2010


Have you ever prayed for God to make a foggy decision more clear?

Have you ever been impatient with God for taking "forever" when it's really only been a few days?

Have you ever had God answer your prayer, but not in the way you want?

Have you ever blamed people for the outcome of a situation, rather than looking at it as God's direction?

I've done all of these things...just today, as a matter of fact. As you all know, we've been pursuing adoption and all the decisions that it requires. After much deliberation and prayer, we had finally decided on Bethany Christian Services and going the route of domestic adoption.


That may have changed today.

To make a long story short, because of us living on the border of MN and WI, we can't go to the office that is closer to us (in MN) because you have to go to the office of the state you reside in. Except that the WI office won't accept us because we live too far away. (They do make exceptions in the case of international adoptions, in which case a social worker travels to do some of the work.)

So...are you confused yet?

At this point, it appears that we need to switch agencies - or switch programs. Or maybe God wants us to do something completely different and out of our comfort zone - who knows!

In addition to this, we've been toying with the idea of moving back across the border into MN, since we will probably be needing a larger home in the future anyway.

That makes 2 major life-changing decisions, in case you weren't counting.

Which brings up the question - should we switch agencies if we're going to be moving to MN and can work with Bethany Christian Services then? And if we wait until we long will that take? And am I willing to prolong this process more than necessary? And can I handle putting my house up for sale and adopting a child at the same time??

 So, with all that said, will you please pray for us?
  • Pray that we are willing to seek God's plan, not our own.
  • Pray for patience -- as much as I hate to ask for it, because we all know that means the Lord will give us things to be patient about! :)
  • Pray that some of our questions can be answered -- as far as possibly putting our house for sale, and all the details.
  • Pray for us to not be discouraged by a closed door, but to rejoice in the fact that the Lord is leading us along the path He has for us.
  • Continue to pray for our future child and our relationship with the birth family.

"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves; we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying about in the body the dying of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body." 2 Corinthians 4:7-10


Anonymous said...

It's funny how clear it seems to me. I think you should move to Minnesota. Closer to your pupils, our Church and your adoption agency. I think you need to get settled in a new home, and your life and then go after our grandchild, with the agency you really like and feel lead to be with.

Sarah said...


I hear you!!!... I've had a hard day fighting myself with similar thoughts regarding our house selling (or not) and wanting to adopt, go to Africa and get a really nice SLR camera to take to Africa...

Anyway, I could ramble on longer, but, I'm praying for you! Please pray for me, too!


Charity said...

Praying, praying, praying!