Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Review...in snapshots

Because my posting has been so sparse over the summer, and now we're already into the autumn months, I thought I'd post a brief overview of major events and happenings from this summer. A brief explanation will appear by each photo. :)





My baby sister graduated from high school!
Man...I feel old, but I'm so very proud of her!
Love you Buggeroo!!














Joe had the privilege of being a groomsman in his dear cousin's wedding. As you can see, they had a little too much fun with the bride!











We took our youth group (with my brother in tow) to visit Valley Fair up in the Twin Cities.
We loved our first water ride!
[note how James, on the far left, is completely dry...he wimped out on the ride!!]








We have an annual girls camping weekend with my SIL's and other girls. On this particular night, they were all a little hyper in the pool!
Lookin' lovely, ladies!!




I was blessed by a visit from my dear friend, Charissa early in the summer. She and I tackled a seemingly simple handywoman task, and were left befuddled, exhausted and amazed at how inept we are at assembling products! but we survived it somehow -- I couldn't have done it without you, Triska!! :)






Another annual summer trip is Sonshine Music Fest in Wilmar, MN. Here, you can see the girls demonstrating the actions to our "Taste and See that the Lord is Good" song.
The boys are obviously amazed... ;)







We said goodbye (temporarily) to our dear friend and amazing matchmaker, Corrie, as she left for the Dominican Republic to teach music. We know she'll be an AMAZING teacher, but we sure do miss her!
We love you and are praying for you, Corr!!











This was a sweet bonding moment with my father-in-law, Alibabba, at a youth rally
with our youth group.
How I love him.









Speaking of fathers....it's amazing mine didn't kill himself while playing with my cousin's Ripstick, here!
Way to go, Dad!


















And here, father and son ride in tandem...do they rock or what?!

















There are no words for this picture.
All I can say, is that it was an AMAZING moment with my soul-mate, Meg.
Don't we look hot??











The above picture, later inspired this ----->
moment. Too bad it had to include my belly!














OnLabor Day, I had the privilege and honor of meeting my cousin's newest addition: Teagan!
What a beautiful gift from God...













I also got to go to my first Twins game EVER!!
It was fabulous!
But one of the best parts was witnessing Joe and our little nephews sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" as we waited to enter the stadium.
Precious.









And this? This my friends, is what happens when you and your husband just "happen" to color-coordinate your clothing for church. Something just makes you go all crazy inside... :)

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Picture posts are my favorite!

I love the last one of you & Joe very cute! and you match! hee hee

Sarah Banowetz said...

I liked this post very much! Very, very cute!